I’m feeling a little stuck. I want to step out and be brave. Really I do, but there’s something that holds me back.
As I sat enjoying my quiet time and processing this whole wishy-washy feeling of being stuck, I begin to read other’s words to help jolt me out of the rut. I read and read, one book to another, when all the sudden like a bolt of lightening words begin to mold together into a precious word for my soul.
The words spoke volumes and kicked my spiritual rumpus. If you are stuck too, waiting on adventure, then these paraphrased words of devotions are for you.
There is a new adventure heading your way. You can feel it. Keep this new feeling in adventure realm. I know you, you will try to make a task or job of this to which I call you. It is not a job to be completed, but yet an adventure to have with the Holy one. Seeing your calling as an adventure makes thing go so much smoother. You will see, time will fly by as you step out into uncharted territory in your adventure. Stay on track and make sure it’s God’s track. This adventure is about obedience more than anything. You do not need to know the specifics for this adventure and there does not need to be a check list. Just get going and the adventure will unfold.”
There they were the words converging to knock me over the head “you do not need to know the specifics for this adventure!” Heavens! Seriously!!! I need specifics. I need lists. I need to see what’s up the track and around the bend.
Did you get that? You don’t need the specifics before you step out in an adventure. Just step out into uncharted waters and the adventure will unfold! <—— tweet that.
The challenge for you and I is to quit waiting on the specifics, perfect day, season, pattern, and schedule — we just gotta go!
Oh please tell me, where are you going? Tell me you’ve set out on an adventure with the Holy One and you’re not waiting on tasks or specifics any longer.
Counting those 1000 priceless blessings of life over at A Holy Experience.
282. a burst of colorful fireworks
283. watching an evening sunset with my girls
284. an old movie
285. ending an evening curled up in hubby’s arms
286. mono vision contacts
287. devotions written by Oswald Chambers
288. learning how to turn off lights thanks to Summer of 7
289. scratching off to-do’s on the daily list
290. an encouraging email randomly sent to inspire
291. the smell of coffee
292. written words that inspire and motivate
293. friends that help you get a jumpstart
294. the sun shining off the water
295. boats all lined up in the marina
296. brightly colored houses lined up on the beach
298. a military flyby still warms my heart
299. the song “God Bless the USA”
300. the fact that God saw fit to have me born in this country!