It has been a wild month, a crazy (or as my girls would say “cray. cray.”) one. A month full of ups and downs, meetings, appointments, and teaching assignments. If you know me – in other words – a month I’ve loved.
I love people. I thrive around people. I need people.
But something happened this month that was unusual for this south Texas girl. I needed to attend a meeting where I would be challenged to step-it-up as a better leader. There would be 100’s there and I was pumped. Two of my favorite things: people and learning how to up your game.
The day came and out of nowhere I felt the twinges of I don’t want to go, I don’t want to be around people, and was thinking maybe I’ll just skip it. I fought myself saying that’s crazy, you’ve looked forward to this, what is your problem, get yourself focused and get there!
When I walked in these feelings I’d never experienced, but had heard about from friends, overtook me. I was wishing I could just slip into my chair anonymously or maybe invisibly. I knew I needed this leadership meeting, but if I could just have been unseen that day that would have worked perfectly. I just didn’t have it in me to make small talk or dig deep into conversation. I just needed to sit and be invisible.
For you friends who don’t have “people personalities” like mine – I’m sorry. Sorry I never really understood what you were feeling when you mentioned you didn’t like being in crowds or put in situations where you needed to make small talk. To you who say you’d prefer to be anonymous or invisible I say, I get it now.
While sitting there experiencing all these new feelings, the only way I knew to pick my spirits up were to count my blessings. And so I began —
121. leaders who stretch me
122. a church where I can step out and use my gifts
123. my people personality
124. friends that understand my personality (and love me anyways)
125. the God who created me uniquely (even when I don’t get it)
126. a God I serve when I just show up
127. worship that brings a tear
128. a freshly waxed car by my hubby
129. me and all the kids curled up in the bed laughing
130. meeting new women
131. opportunity to share a message with new women (thanks Bonnie)
132. freshly brewed coffee each morning
133. a warm bed
134. with all the rain, knowing I have a dry place to sleep
135. sun peeping through the clouds
136. my mom who is on a mission trip
137. volunteers who step up to serve
138. a friend who arranged us to take birthday presents to a 2 year old we met at Adopt-a-Block (stop by tomorrow to read)
139. smiles of children blessed with unexpected gifts
140. a God who shows no favoritism
141. my pink shoes
142. inspired messages from God (God, I’m counting on you this week!)