While I hope you are enjoying your holiday, my heart is having trouble snagging words to make a clear point. As I count my blessings silently, I long for a clearer message of what is tugging at my heart.
Today, my heart is broken, no rather it screams for the broken ones.
I wonder, why does there seem to be a line? Them and us. The happy, the sad. The good girls, the bad girls. Those who hang on tightly to their possessions and those who have none.
I’m realizing, I’m tired of being a Christian who perpetuates those lines, while sitting in church and Bible studies talking about what we should do to help:
The broken who feel trapped, useless, worthless, and discarded.
The downhearted who feel cast aside, forgotten, and accused.
The complacent who sit idly by self-absorbed, consumed with self, with a poor self image.
Does your heart ever beat with a passion that you can’t put into words?
Do you ever find yourself speechless over things you’ve seen?
213. a heart that is full of passion
214. friends that hold me accountable
215. water that replenishes my body and soul
216. the sunburn from a day at the beach with God
217. a friend who made time for me
218. wisdom spoken and my heart hearing
219. books given
220. time to serve others
221. food to feed others
222. my honeymooners getting back safely
223. my hubby, a veteran
224. 23 blessed years in the military
225. those that have, do, and will serve to keep our country free